Friday 4 April 2014

Evaluation 4 Draft


Who would be the audience for your media product?

The target audience for my music magazine would be both males and females, but primarily males. This is because i used a male model on each page which would interest them and darker colours which stand out against the white, although these both attract male and females i would say my audience is primarily males. The age of my target audience would be between 17-24 years old, so late teens to mid-twenties. For this kind of magazine, indie/rock, i wanted to attract the people who are most interested in that genre which would be 17-24 year olds who have a part time job whilst still in higher education or have just started their career. This is why i made my magazine price £2.70, which isn’t very expensive considering other magazines and isn’t cheap so the audience are getting value for their money and don’t want to waste their earnings on something not worth it, so it’s ideal for my target audience. To consider an audience for my magazine i had to consider their music taste, as it is a music magazine. My target audience love indie, rock and alternative music and they enjoy going to gigs, to appeal to my audience i have chosen bands such as Arctic Monkeys, Mallory Knox and Kings of Leon who fit into those categories and attract the readers. They also enjoy going to gigs around the country and want to know where the best festivals are, this is why i have included a ‘Review’ section in my magazine followed with a ‘Festival Guide’ which tells you the best acts to see in Reading and Leeds festival this year. The house style of my magazine is black, white and green. I chose these colours to appeal to my target audience, i chose black because it is a dark colour which would attract the rockier audience and also the white to contrast this and make it stand out. The reason i chose green rather than a typical red as the tertiary house colour was because red is very common, it is on most magazines such as ‘Q’, ‘NME’ and ‘Kerrang!’ and i wanted my magazine to stand out against them which is why i chose green. I also decided on that colour because red instantly says Rock when its with Black and i didn’t want listeners of solely indie or alternative music to be put off buying the magazine because they think it is aimed at rock listeners primarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment